At the end of December, 2014 the Quacquarelli Symonds (QS) company published a new rating of the best universities of the countries of the Central and Eastern Europe, Central Asia – QS University Rankings Emerging Europe and Central Asia 2014/15.
This rating is published for the first time. It is the pilot version which uses the methodology, developed so that to display the main priorities and tasks of universities in regions.
Among 100 higher education institutions included in QS University Rankings Emerging Europe and Central Asia 2014/15, there are 9 higher educational institutions of Poland. By results of ranging, the Warsaw university took the 4th place, Yagellonsky university – the 8th place. These two higher education institutions entered in TOP-10 the best universities of Europe and Asia which offer training in Poland, according to the version of this rating.
On 28 positions there was the Warsaw polytechnical university, on 44 positions – Mining and metallurgical academy of a name of Stanislav Stashits in Krakow, the 46th place was occupied by Vrotslavsky university. The Vrotslavsky polytechnical university appeared in the sixth ten, in the seventh – Gdansk university, and in the ninth – Nicolaus Copernicus’s University in Torun, and also Lodzsky university.
The Polish higher education institutions in QS Intelligence Unit QS University Rankings EECA – 2014/15:
– The 4th place – University Of Warsaw
– The 8th place – Jagiellonian University
– The 28th place – Warsaw University Of Technology
– The 44th place – AGH University Of Science And Technology
– The 46th place – University Of Wroclaw
– 51-60 places – Wroclaw University Of Technology
– 61-70 places – University Of Gdansk
– 81-90 places – Nicolaus Copernicus University
– 81-90 places – Lodz University